Spring Sports Season Is Here
Snow melting and temperatures rising are two sure signs that the spring sports season is arriving soon. Excited, cooped up kids are getting ready to move back outside for sports, whether it be baseball, softball, soccer, track, field hockey, and lacrosse. Kids aren’t the only ones gearing up though. There’s a lot more to being the parent of a spring sports player than just showing up. It’s the preparation, the planning, the managing, the schedules, the carpools, and the stress!
Take a deep breath and check out these pro tips from veteran parents:
- Print a calendar in the kitchen for the whole family to easily see (Highlight in different colors for multiple kids)
- Simple meals are key (mac and cheese and hot dogs or easy crock pot recipes)
- Lay out uniforms and gear the night before (Cubbies that can hang in their rooms with each day of the week are a great idea for kids to easily grab what stuff is needed for which day)
- Kids will follow your lead (If you’re stressed and frantic, they will be too. They won’t remember bring late for a practice or losing a game, but they’ll remember the ice cream runs or the sleep overs)
- Don’t wish the time away (It will be hectic… until it’s gone. ENJOY the practices, the games, the travel, the memories along the way)
Best of luck and remember, have fun!